Reporting to the Head of Operations, the job holder will be responsible for the successful implementation and delivery of all bank projects ranging from construction, product related, system i.e. IT related. He/She needs to support the vision and strategic objectives of the bank and group. His/Her responsibilities includes development of policies, procedures, and flow chart plans, action plan monitoring tool necessary for the projects. Ensure efficient and effective execution of projects and change requests, management of all continue improvement and change initiatives.
He/She should ensure well secured physical operating environment to both human and non-human resources as well as smooth and timely completion of the scope. He/She will be responsible for the overseeing of the physical Security of all bank facilities. To put in place all the required security measures and ensure it adherence by providing related facility policies and procedure that includes both the bank and regulators requirements.
He/She should be a cost containment/management mind set individual to ensure that all projects are in budget and for those out of budget the proper channel of approval is put in place.
- Ensure that all projects are delivered within the required scope of work which covers the specification, time, cost, and quality.
- Maintain a centralized project management framework/Team that contains all the necessary processes and templates for successful project coverage which timelines, and actions plans.
- Work with business to scope and plan projects requiring the PMO involvement, recommend the right resources, timelines, and deliverables.
- Prioritize and track all Projects and Change Requests to ensure successful delivery.
- Provide centralized mitigating controls, coordination, and reporting of the scope of any change, as well as any risk that may arise during the project.
- Recognize potential risks be proactive in proposing appropriate solutions to meet business objectives based on industry best practices. Escalate project risks to the key stakeholders where necessary.
- Ensure that project initiatives are aligned to the strategic direction of the bank.
- Ensure that bank facilities are well maintained, and all the physical security requirements are adhered to and observed as per the bank policies and the regulatory requirements.
- Provide Support to the Head of Operations by ensuring all projects are running smoothly, effectively, and efficiently.
- Provide guidance and Support to business strategic objectives with frequent engagements with business Leaders and their supporting team.
- Regular Facility checks to ensure all Premises, equipment and furnishers are kept in good state of repairs supposed to be done are timely done.
- Ensure all physical security requirement are observed per the policies and regulatory requirement, i.e. Fire exit signs, fire extinguishers’ expiry date, assembly points, drill tests are done per the defined frequency, access controls are defines and monitored, all CCTV cameras are working effectively, guard and the boots are well equipped and trained on their roles and responsibilities.
- Enforce adherence to the Policies and Procedure for project initialisation to completion to all business units
- Improve project efficiency by streamlining the processes
- Support and ensure all project procurement items are of quality, have been budgeted, and are purchased on time.
- Support the bank with cost containment measure by managing all project costs effectively and be within or less to the budget.
- University degree in Project /Business Management and /Business Security
- Professional Qualifications: (Project management related and Law enforcement or Military Police)
- Broad exposure in the banking environment and project Management skills should be evident, demonstrated through previous work experience.
- Business Acumen and ability to think strategically
- Good Leadership skills and a good communicator at all levels
- Should be young, energetic, dynamic, and enthusiastic
- Six Sigma Certification (Project management)
- Experience should not be less than 3 years